EZchecklist™

EZchecklist is an extremely powerful, yet simple and fun to use software product that gives you the superpower to focus on building solid habits of the most important activities for your success in Life and Business.

The more you use it, the better it gets... and so do you.

Price: Free. Start Now: Read the User Guide

____________________________________________________

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Your words create your reality

In tune with the New Year, and thinking of resolutions, I was taking some time to improve my EZchecklist™ and got to thinking about the third item in my list: Meditate. It struck me as something that was flat, without a good motivating visual.  

Do I really want to just meditate, or do I want something more. Actually what I want is the result of meditation. Just meditating is not very motivational. Meditating is the what. I need the why.

I'm assuming we are all familiar with Simon Sinek's classic TED talk "Start with Why". It is almost a cliché among product development startup founders who are so obsessed with what they are building that the have a difficult time expressing why are doing it. The communicate very clearly how the thing works, but not at all clearly why someone would want to use it.

A very good friend of mine, George Walther, wrote a book about 20 years ago called "What you say is what you get"  that clearly explains that the words we use create our reality. Many books have followed his in this same vein. 

So, putting the why into my meditate action item on my checklist, and coupling it with words chosen to create what I'm really trying to achieve with meditating, I came up with "Build a Beautiful Mind" which, to me, is so much more motivational than simply "Meditate".  

Now, when I get to that time in my morning, I look forward to Building a Beautiful Mind. What could be better than that?

This was a great start at improving my EZchecklist™ and I'm looking forward to going through the rest of the list to make similar improvements. 

Let me know how you are making continuous improvements to your list.


No comments:

Post a Comment